[TYPO3-UG US] New Design for TYPO3.us

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 04:47:25 CEST 2005

Hi Reuven,

On 26/10/05, Reuven Cohen, Enomaly <ruv at enomaly.com> wrote:
> In regards to accessibility, I would have to agree. This design lends itself
> well for a text based navigation. I would say we should use text based menus
> where possible. In regards to the header, we could use the gif builder to
> generate the "introducing" text. and maybe some of the sub heads in the
> copy.

That's great news (text-based nav etc). I just wanted to check what
the thinking was on the subject. If anyone's interested, I've done
some work on redefining the default lib.stdheader to dynamically
procude FIR headers (e.g. something like this: <h2>Lorem Ipsum
Dolor<em style="background:url(loremIpsumDolor.gif)"></em></h2>).
Using TS only is not ideal since (as far as I've been able to
determine so far) there's no effective way to get the style specifying
the background image into the head of the document. In any case, the
headers degrade well in both css-off and images-off circumstances.

> This site is meant to be a showcase, there isn't anything stopping use from
> having several templates options down the road as well. Something like a CSS
> Zen Garden.

Interesting. Again, nice work on the design Reuven.

-Christopher