[TYPO3-UG US] A new and proper Quickstart

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Sat Oct 15 21:30:27 CEST 2005

I think we all are in agreement that we need a new Quickstart package
and documentation for newbies that uses this package as an example.
I've been thinking to do something like this last year before 3.8.0
was out, but it did not work out primarily because typo3.us was close
to nonexistent back then and my broken English is not better than
Kasper's ;). My primary concern back then was XHTML compliancy and CSS
usage.

Now that we have plenty of native speakers willing to participate, I
would like to start this as another topic to discuss the following:

- where does everybody place this project in terms of priority -
should we maybe pay attention to something else first?

- who would be interested in participating in this project, and how?

- what would be a good sample "entity" to showcase? I think it should
be American enough to not look "foreign", it preferrably should not
contain any terms where US/Intl English differ (such as soccer vs.
football question;), it should be neutral enough to not alienate
anyone (in other words, it should be acceptable to show as a sample
both to your local NRA and ACLU chapters, as well as your pastor,
rabbi or the leader of your undercover Greenpeace cell;). It should
not be too American to alienate our British, Australian, NZ and
Canadian friends. Sports are actually great idea, maybe we should pick
one.

- Typo3 has gone a long way since QuickStart, so what are your
thoughts on which extensions and capabilities need to be showcased?

Thanks!

--
Dimitri Tarassenko