[TYPO3-UG US] extension manual update

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Fri Oct 21 00:28:59 CEST 2005

Hi Johnny,

Johnny Peck wrote:

>Alex,
>	I would like to participate in the documentation revising. I can
>dedicate some hours each week to this. I assume you will be organizing
>who is working on which documents and assigning them to volunteers?

We currently have a team of 6, and with over 1000 extensions with
manuals, plus all the other documentation, any time you can donate to
this is greatly appreciated! I'll contact you offlist with all the info,
including the latest version of the style guide we've been working with.

>Dimitri Tarassenko wrote:
>

>>By "track changes" I was referring to the feature of MS Word which
>>lets you see what has been changed since the original version. In
>>OpenOffice (which I presume you used) a similar feature is at
>>Edit/Changes. OO also lets you save revisions in File/Versions.
>>

>Any ideas regarding this tracking of changes?

At the moment, no. We'll be having a "merge" process, but from what I've
experienced so far, it seems like we'll be able to have the extension
developers submit their changes to us, so we won't have to worry so much
about it.

Alex