[TYPO3-UG US] Partner section and TYPO3.us

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Sat Oct 15 18:18:21 CEST 2005

Reuven Cohen, Enomaly wrote:

> By creating a fee structure, this would do a number of things.
>
> 1. Creates a budget for marketing and other assorted capital intensive
> projects.

How will the budget be managed? I've been considering using open book
management for paid template subscription services. Essentially
subscribers/members are able to see how money is spent. They do not
necessarily have to vote on it. Transparency is a bonus if you can pull
it off.

> 2. Separates the posers from the serious players.

We're going to need some guidelines here. What seperates a poser from a
serious to semi serious player? The minimum requirement for mediatech
goes somethign like "do you have a TYPO3 website?" Did you make it? Many
consultancies don't meet this requirement listed elswhere.

> 3. Adds a level of professionalism to the association.

Agreed and gives the consumer more confidence ;)

> Each level could have additional perks, such as logos and mention in
> advertising, PR, and other marketing materials. Higher level sponsors might
> have a better listing in a potential job board. Think of conference
> sponsorships where you have assorted sponsors with their given logo and
> company profiles.

Nice.

> Ultimately this website should be a place where potential TYPO3 customers
> should be able to make a fully informed decision on which company best suits
> there needs. Obviously a platinum sponsor, for instance Enomaly, would be
> probably not able to take a project for less then $10- $15k, where a bronze
> level company would be more then happy with a $2500 project.

Anyway we can whip out a basic business plan to work out specifics so we
can move forward in a timely manner? Yeah, I'm on my second cup of coffee :)

> Does this make sense?

Absolutely.

Best,
Greg