[TYPO3-UG US] Partner section and TYPO3.us

Michelle Heizer michelle at typo3.us
Fri Oct 14 08:00:37 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 22:53 -0400, Reuven Cohen, Enomaly wrote:
> I think a paid sponsorship would be a good approach. For instance. You could
> break it down by companies and consultants. A possible structure could be as
> follows.

I agree that this approach will help gain some of the funding we will
need for the project, but I am concerned how it will work with the
Association as well. I don't want to take away from them or to make
people feel that they have to choose between the two.

My other concern is that this won't be seen as a true test of a
partner's skillset, but a show of how much money someone can donate. We
don't want to appear that someone can just "buy" a partnership or it
won't be taken seriously.

> By creating a fee structure, this would do a number of things.
>
> 1. Creates a budget for marketing and other assorted capital intensive
> projects.
>
> 2. Separates the posers from the serious players.
>
> 3. Adds a level of professionalism to the association.

I agree with all these points, but once again, I'm not sure about the
need for a separate "association".

> Ultimately this website should be a place where potential TYPO3 customers
> should be able to make a fully informed decision on which company best suits
> there needs. Obviously a platinum sponsor, for instance Enomaly, would be
> probably not able to take a project for less then $10- $15k, where a bronze
> level company would be more then happy with a $2500 project.

That is a very good point. And not only will it make potential customers
happier, but consultancies won't be deluged with misdirected sales leads
which will save them time and energy.

Michelle