[TYPO3-UG US] Partner section and TYPO3.us

Gabriel Anast gabriel at anast.org
Fri Oct 14 06:01:42 CEST 2005

>Obviously a platinum sponsor, for instance Enomaly, would probably not able to take a project for less then $10- $15k, where a bronze level company would be more than happy with a $2500 project.

This is the most important point that you have made, and I feel that it
points to the needs others have stated:

>Equivity: we provide customers with Fantastico

A value added offering that all of us could benefit from, but which most
don't have the time to setup.

>Virgil: I have lots of tech skills, but I am a web designer/content manager... I would love to use Typo3, I think it would be perfect. But I don't have the time or maybe technical expertise to figure out how to use it. [TS, TV, Framework, etc]

Templating, layout, navigation are all major aspects of building a Typo3
website.

>Chris Paige: Ultimately, I think documentation and support are the most critical aspects of Typo3 adoption.

This must be part of marketing, and as such we should collectively pay
for it. (re: Ruv)

For my part, I am pretty good at selling, I know Typo3 well enough to
put together a decent site, to write a basic extension, I host all my
own clients, and I do my own marketing, etc. But, really... I am good at
selling. I'd rather sell a project, contract it to a designer and a
coder, have the thing hosted on someone's machine that will manage the
whole thing for me...

For marketing, documentation, and manual re-writing, the Typo3 us
association with fees (as Ruven mentioned) is an excellent idea as these
things need to be a collective burden.

As for creating work groups, community mentoring, educational
conferences and the like... this is a natural outgrowth of any open
source community and the Europeans have put down an enormous, prodigious
base that I am incredibly grateful for.

I think we go one further, however. I think that each of us brings
important skills to the table... some designers, some layout and
usability experts, some coders/Typo3 experts, some hosting gurus. Right
now I am a jack of all trades, and I hate it. I'd like to see this
organization form some kind of internal ecosystem so that all I have to
do is sell... and all you have to do is what you're good at... is that
possible? (of course this does not have to be limited to US
companies/developers...)

Can I sell, others bid/manage, yet others design/layout and others
code/create?

Greggory Remington has talked a lot about this before I think...
although it has not come out as much on this list as much.

--gabe