[TYPO3-UG US] templating preferences in typo3

wes currier typo3 at wesfx.com
Sat Nov 26 02:48:39 CET 2005

When I initially started using typo3, I skipped directly to the TV method as it was the new darling
of the community. Had I known TS really is needed for all styles, I would have tried a different
approach more heavily reliant on TS but, as a designer first, I thought TV would eliminate my need
for TS. Wrong!

After seeing the 5 minute site video[1], it would make one seem to think TS is not needed only TV.

wes currier

Christopher wrote:
> On 23/11/05, virgil huston <virgil.huston at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I would really like to see a discussion on this, myself. It could really
>>help the Learning Typo3 effort big time. This confuses lots of people.
>>

> One of the things that I've noticed with respect to templating in
> Typo3 that seems to confuse people, is the fact that the different
> approaches are commonly referred to as though they were fundamentally
> different methods. But this is not, strictly speaking, true; no

Yes, this is very true.

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/articles/minute-website/