[TYPO3-UG US] New Design for TYPO3.us

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Sat Nov 5 21:07:05 CET 2005

Elmar Hinz wrote:

>if you ask for everybodies expectations, you will end up in the middle
>of the boring mainstream. That would be just the opposite what TYPO3
>offers to us. The advantage of TYPO3 is the possibility to build very
>individual designs. As Reuven did it, a would expect a "typical Reuven".
>So if you ask for examples I must point to Reuvens personal homepage and
>portfolio, which is this I think:
>
>http://www.ruv.net/PORTFOLIO.1092.0.html

So you think it should look like the Napster interface? Or...?

All I am saying is, it's generally unproductive to spend your time
writing to say "I think it should be different than it is" instead of
saying "I like the buttons from such-and-so website, I like what you did
on this other website, yadda, yadda, yadda..."

In general, saying only what you don't like about a design to a
designer, without offering a specific suggestion of what they *should*
do instead is probably the least valuable kind of comment to a designer
and is the least likely kind of comment to get results from. If people
are going to take the time to comment, make it something that the
designer will actually listen to. "It sucks" doesn't give anybody
anything to go on. "Can you make it look more like templatemonster
template #96753?" is a better kind of comment.

Alex