[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3 US: audience

Reuven Cohen, Enomaly ruv at enomaly.com
Thu Nov 3 06:21:27 CET 2005

>Who is the site's primary audience?

For the TYPO3 projects we do at Enomaly we have found the decision makers
break down something like this. (This data is directly out of our CRM)

50% C Level (CEO, CTO CIO etc)

25%  Managers (Project, Account, etc)

15% Developers (web designer, programmers, etc)

10%  Do it yourselfers (none related industry people)

Typical Project Size.

C Level = $25k - $75k (nice profit margin)

M Level = $15k - 25k (sweet spot)

D Level = 10k - 15k (entry level)

DIY Level = 2k - 10k (we don't typically don't do these projects, probably
better suited for a freelancer)

Generally speaking I find the CTO, CIO, CEO types are more influenced by
what they read in a trade publication or heard at conference. They to tend
to be less effected by what they see on a given website, because chances are
they just don't have the time to do the research, they save that for some
lower level employee. We should probably use more traditional marketing
avenues for this type of audience, ie. print ads, pr, trade shows, etc.

Managers, developers and DIY's tend to be more information oriented and do
the research when selecting a CMS. I would say this audience should be the
focus of the website.

Reuven