[TYPO3-UG US] Status of TYPO3.us

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Sun Dec 18 16:15:06 CET 2005

Alex Heizer wrote:

> SInce TV is an extension, and in no way helps you learn the proper way
> to create a site in TypoScript, it would appear in the appendix as an
> additional way to make a site, once the reader already knows the proper
> way to code a site. The demo site will not be created in TV, and the
> included demo site will not be a TV site.

FYI, TV is probably going into 4.0 as a system extension, so *this* part
of the argument will probably not hold when LT3 comes out.

But I still think that TV is just another templating option which can be
used after learning about TS. I also agree that someone who is just
beginning might be impressed by one-minute-success with TV, but he will
end up more frustrated when realizing that the other 95% of TYPO3 are
not point-n-click.

Thanks for resisting all the TV hype ;)

Cheers,
Michael