[TYPO3-UG US] Status of TYPO3.us

Dom Stockdale dom at magic-lamp.co.uk
Sat Dec 17 19:22:39 CET 2005

Alex Heizer wrote:
> Hi Zach,
>
> The consensus about the Learning TYPO3 project is, and always was, to
> teach people how to properly make a site in TYPO3 so that they have a
> solid foundation. This will help every new user, and cut down on the
> list all the stupid questions that are posted due to people not having a
> proper foundation for building in T3. This means, learning from the
> ground up how to create a site using TypoScript.
>
> SInce TV is an extension, and in no way helps you learn the proper way
> to create a site in TypoScript, it would appear in the appendix as an
> additional way to make a site, once the reader already knows the proper
> way to code a site. The demo site will not be created in TV, and the
> included demo site will not be a TV site.

Oh well pity I thought Zach was on the right track as I was sure they'd
find it more fun/impressive with TV etc. The only thing is there is a
certain wow factor with TV plus it's other advantages that are nice to
show off and help pull people in. That's probably because I'm against TS
Puritanism being a born again TV-envangelist ;)

;) Dom