[TYPO3-UG US] Status of TYPO3.us

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Fri Dec 16 14:51:44 CET 2005

Zach,

On 12/16/05, Zach Davis <zach at castironcoding.com> wrote:
> Just a thought -- how is this NPO template going to be distributed? I'd
> like very much to implement it using templaVoila but AFAIK there's
> really no good way to distribute templavoila files... perhaps it's
> possible with the TYPO3 export / import functions, but that might be a
> bit of a challenge for a newbie. Any thoughts on how to deliver a
> template that relies on templaVoila while also working more or less out
> of the box?

The original idea was to distribute it as a sample site in
tarball/zip, the same way Quickstart is distributed.

> We (Cast Iron Coding) could put together a templavoila template import /
> export tool, but that might complicate things too much for the user...

I think TemplaVoila might be an unnecessary complication by itself. I
had an impression that we were going to distribute the final result
(tarball/zip) along with the manual/tutorial that would step by step
show how the site was built.

Everybody, correct me if I am wrong.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko