[TYPO3-UG US] Status of TYPO3.us

Zach Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Fri Dec 16 15:07:09 CET 2005

Dimitri Tarassenko wrote:

> I think TemplaVoila might be an unnecessary complication by itself. I
> had an impression that we were going to distribute the final result
> (tarball/zip) along with the manual/tutorial that would step by step
> show how the site was built.
>
> Everybody, correct me if I am wrong.

Is there a consensus on this point? I use TV for most of the typo3 sites
  I do these days; now that Robert's released a beta of 1.0 (see dev
list), I'll probably use it for even more sites. It seems to me that if
we want to present a package that is more modern and up-to-date than the
traditional typo3 packages, TemplaVoila might be the way to go --
especially since it makes multiple page tmeplates so much easier
(flexible content elements are a nice selling point as well). And, of
course, if we're distributing it as a tarball/zip file, distributing a
TV template isn't any easier or harder than distributing a template
based on the template auto parser.

Of course, that's just my opinion -- Greg and I can proceed with this
template in whatever manner the group deems best.

Zach