[TYPO3-UG Dutch] [Typo3-install] Typo3 port installation on FreeBSD

Thomas Sandford ${thomas/03$} at paradisegreen.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 01:34:22 CEST 2006

"Roel Neumann" <neumann at xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1149781301.2813.typo3-install at lists.netfielders.de...
> (dutch translation below - nederlandse vertaling onderaan)

(sorry - my dutch isn't good enough to provide a dual language reply)

> I have a freshly installed FreeBSD 6.1 Release server, including all the
> ports.
>
> I want to know if I understand this right:
>
> When installing Typo3 by going into to the proper ports directory
> /usr/.../www/typo3/ at the user prompt (with su), and then typing "make",
> is it true that all the required dependencies will also be installed and
> that in the end there will be a working FAMP server
> (FreeBSD-Apache-MySQL-PHP)?
>
> Or should I install all the required ports seperately.

The typo3 port is intended to set up all the typo3 "dependencies" as part of
the install process.

You will need to do "make install" rather than just "make", though.

If you want specific versions of Apache/MySQL/PHP you may want to preinstall
these - otherwise FreeBSD will install its own default versions.

--
Thomas Sandford