[TYPO3-UG Australia] Hi from germany

Cate Deans Smith cdeans at diess.com.au
Tue Jun 10 05:54:52 CEST 2008

Hi Chris

> If you want to have only the short-term Oz experience and aren't 31,
> yet, you can use a Working Holiday Maker visa. That probably does not
> allow you to freelance ...

Although, if you were to invoice back to a business in Germany (even though
you were here and doing the work here) you could probably get away with it.

We don't have a lot of people working with Typo3 here, although the number
is growing. Most of the bigger businesses who needed a CMS went with
proprietary systems quite some time ago.

Even web design businesses larger than one person are fairly few and far
between in comparison with Europe - we just don't have the population base
to support them.

The other issue I have found is that most businesses will want to sight you
before giving you work - although less so in IT, it is still the case. So
you may need to just plan to come to Australia and support yourself, and
then try your luck when you are here.

Of course if you are happy to just take any work (fruit picking, cleaning,
waiting tables) you should have no trouble at all finding work.

Cate Deans Smith

Diess

Within Australia: 07 3342 5261
International calls: +61 7 3342 5261