[TYPO3-UG Australia] Two Newbie Questions

Chris Wittmann[SwitLizard] chris at swift-lizard.com
Mon Jul 28 15:38:49 CEST 2008

Hi Remy,

> Finally found some time to install Typo3 and start a first website. So far
> I'm quite impressed with Typo3's structure and functionality. Just two
> small things that irk me and don't know how to fix.

cool welcome to the club ;-)

> 1.
> Where can I replace the colon after the website title in the browser's
> title bar to " -"?

Should be the Sitetitle field of your Root Template whre you can fix that

> 2.
> Where can I change the doctype from <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD
> HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> to <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML
> 1.0 Transitional//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">?

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/7/3/

search for doctype

the string you want should be "xhtml_trans"

so in your Root typoscript Template at setup field should be:

config.doctype = xhtml_trans

or

page.config.doctype = xhtml_trans

> Thanks for your help,