[TYPO3-UG Australia] Two Newbie Questions

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Tue Jul 29 07:58:26 CEST 2008

Hi Remy & Chris,
> > Finally found some time to install Typo3 and start a first website.
> > So far I'm quite impressed with Typo3's structure and
> > functionality. Just two small things that irk me and don't know how
> > to fix.
> >

> cool welcome to the club ;-)
>
> > 1.
> > Where can I replace the colon after the website title in the
> > browser's title bar to " -"?
>
> Should be the Sitetitle field of your Root Template whre you can fix
> that

I believe you misunderstood the question, Chris. At least, you did if I
got it right... ;)
Remy, have a look at
http://www.dawsoninteractive.com/articles/article/typo3-seo-part-1-title-tags/

> > 2.
> > Where can I change the doctype from <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
> > "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> to <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
> > "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
> > "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">?
>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/7/3/
>
> search for doctype
>
> the string you want should be "xhtml_trans"
>
> so in your Root typoscript Template at setup field should be:
>
> config.doctype = xhtml_trans
>
> or
>
> page.config.doctype = xhtml_trans

You an also set the doctype as a string which is exactly he line you
want to have. Just in case none of the available placeholders gives you
what you want.

Cheers,
Christian