[TYPO3-UG Australia] corrupted database with ExtensionKey: flash_pageheader

Cate Deans Smith cdeans at diess.com.au
Tue Apr 25 13:23:40 CEST 2006

Hi Paul

>Have you looked using the Install Tool. It has a database analyser which
>is there to assist with upgrading TYPO3. It is also a very useful tool
>in troubleshooting any database issues.

Yeah, did try - but couldn't access it either.

>Next to Update required tables is the COMPARE link. If you click on that
>it will tell you want tables and fields in your database do not match
>the current set of SQL structure commands present in the current list of
>your installed extensions.

Thanks - I will keep this on file for future reference.

>If flash_pageheader caused this issue and you can't solve it by using
>the COMPARE link above what you might need to do next is a little bit
>harder. You will need to edit the localconf.php file to comment out or
>remove manually from the list the commands that cause flash_pageheader
>to be loaded.

Great, thanks.

>Most TYPO3 extensions should not cause any problems like this, however,
>on occasions, since there are so many developers working independently,
>one may write something that might cause such an issue or conflict with
>SQL table definitions.

Sort of to be expected with such a large community, isn't it? :)

>The causes of such issues might be many. There might be something unique
>about the combination of extensions on your site. What makes your site
>special? What DB enviroment is TYPO3 being run on: check the bug tracker
>for any issues related to your current version of your DBMS e.g.
>different MySQL versions in the last year have caused a number of issues.

Oh, thanks for the heads up! I am getting a few bugs with the upgraded
version and some extensions too, so maybe due to that.

>To avoid such issues on a time constrained project it is best to stick
>to the set of extensions you know well and have tested. Read the
>Extension developer comments in the TER and the forums. Did they write a
>manual? Do they sound like they are experienced at what they are doing?
>I'm sure Roger and many on this list would agree that the number of
>extensions out there is larger than most of us can ever take the time to
>get to know inside-out. If one considers the number of combinations,
>then possibly your combination of extensions is unique.

Possibly :)

>I'd recommend if you are working on a critical project and are wanting
>to add an extension you are unfamiliar with you should setup a test bed
>installation where you can run all the extensions you need in a
>duplicate environment, without the risk of losing so much time.

Yes, agreed. Fortunately this is just a self project, and I am not so
worried - although I will do it next time I think :)

Cate Deans Smith
diess - Performance through Synergy

cdeans at diess.com.au

www.diess.com.au