[TYPO3-translators] Implement voting on pootle to improve translation-progress

Michael Bakonyi kontakt at mb-neuemedien.de
Mon May 27 12:13:32 CEST 2013

Update: In the meantime I've searched for my old thread within the
pootle-list:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=1343299437.25421.3586.camel%40localhost.localdomain&forum_name=translate-pootle

Unfortunately back then I didn't ask if it was possible to automatically
accept a translation if a defined voting-count was reached. I only asked
if voting was possible in general. So I made good for this a few days
ago but didn't get feedback so far.

Am 17.05.13 11:34, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:> Hi,
> A big disadvantage is of course: quality. The "admins" also have a role
> to make sure that the translations use the same terms as the rest of the
> translations use for a certain word and the same form of the sentence is
> used (examples: "You can delete this files" / "This file can be
> deleted"; formal/informal language; a button is labelled "next" and the
> description says to click "advance").

Yes, that might indeed be an issue. But maybe it's worth a shot anyway
... And maybe the hints regarding the correct terms could be implemented
as "big fat red" link to the corresponding wiki-pages somewhere within
pootle ..? Currently there seems to be no such link ..?

Btw: I also wonder why there's no short description regarding the
translations here: https://typo3.org/teams/ Even if there's no "team"
there could be a hint where to find additional information regarding the
translation progress e.g. a link to the wiki. Does anybody of you know
who's responsible for this page and do we have an editor who could right
a short summary regarding translations? I could give it a try.

@Jigal, did you have time to think about the voting last week and if yes
what was your conclusion?

Cheers,
Michael