[TYPO3-translators] Implement voting on pootle to improve translation-progress

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Jun 25 18:35:58 CEST 2013

Hi Michael,

Michael Bakonyi wrote:

> Another idea would be to let Dwayne of the pootle-team develop something
> for us ... But maybe I'm to fast with this thing and we should discuss
> it any further?
>
> Btw: that's what Dwayne recommended in his last post within the
> pootle-mailinglist:
>
> "Another soft alternative could be threshold + time i.e. 5 votes and N
> days and then it is auto accepted."
>
> This would be a mixture of the current procedure + the automatic
> acceptance. Maybe a good compromise?

That would be quite nice. You have enough time to check the translations,
but if you don't the the voting can get the translation in.

That would be way better than the current approach.

Thanks for gathering the contact to Dwayne. It would be really cool if he
could code this.
AFAIK we now have a vagrant box, including some test data. This would allow
him to test his code in a nearly real live scenario.

I would appreciate it if you would keep on trying to motive him into doing
this (for us or for pootle core).

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!