[TYPO3-translators] How often (and how) are translation files rebuilt?

Anders Gissel anders at wildside.dk
Tue Jan 15 12:51:48 CET 2013

Hello all,

I have been in the process of finishing up a few Danish translations for
a couple of new extensions (most notably YAG and Powermail) and starting
on others. Some of the files are still incomplete, while others have
been translated fully. Case in point, I completed all translations for
YAG on friday.

However, when I query the translation server today, either I get no new
translations, which in itself is okay... I can live with some lag. But
there's a far worse problem: if I remove all temporary LL-files and
recheck, extensions like Powermail and YAG do get new translations, but
they are all empty - meaning they look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<T3locallangExt>
   <data type="array">
     <languageKey index="da" type="array">
       <label index="pleaseChoose"/>
       <label index="pi1_title"/>
       <label index="pi1_plus_wiz_description"/>
       <label index="Tx_Powermail_Domain_Model_Mails.senderName"/>
       <label index="Tx_Powermail_Domain_Model_Mails.senderMail"/>
       <label index="Tx_Powermail_Domain_Model_Mails.subject"/>

The XLF-files are no different.

This, in turn, effectively removes all labels from the plugin when used
in a Danish context. This is hardly ideal. I can't be the first to
discover this issue, so can anyone tell me why this happens, and if
there's anything that needs to be done before the actual translations
are included properly on the server? All the information I can find on
the issue says "the translation files are rebuilt each night", but if
that's the case, they are being built from some other, unknown source.

--

Med venlig hilsen,
Anders Gissel

Wildside A/S