[TYPO3-translators] TYPO3-translators Digest, Vol 74, Issue 3

Timothy Mark Brennan Jr. timotheonb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:51:04 CET 2012

Hi all,
This is Tim Brennan, Jr., from the Brazilian Portuguese Translation Team.

"Yes to confirm. Transfers are not automatically updated for the local
TYPO3 sites. And not even the updated translations for the core TYPO3.
There are a few more questions / suggestions."

Thank you Андрей. I had asked about this some time ago, but hadn´t
gotten an answer yet.

"1. It would be nice to have a short tutorial on translations. Link to
Pootle documentation is good, but it would be closer to a specific
project for translation TYPO3. Interested in the topics: the overall
process of translation, as the use of the dictionary (still do not
understand how it works!), Import / export files (easier to work locally
and then import the files on the server). And so on."

I offer to help with that, is there anyone else out there ready to team
up with me? Would a Screencast help
(http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/typo3-screencast)? If so, it would
be nice for different ones of us to "chip in" and get this area taken
care of for the translation team.

"2. I would like to know more about the general mechanism of the server.
As selected the extensions for translation? How do they fall on the
server? Why are they not available in some languages​​? How to make
a responsible translator itself could choose to extensions the
translation into your language?"

Good question.  I would like to know the answer to this one, too.

Thanks Андрей.

Tim