[TYPO3-translators] Mistakes in german felogin translation

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Oct 19 16:19:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

>>> I guess I should have noticed that I experienced the problem with the
>>> 4.5 branch of Typo3 using the "old" translation system.
>>> So while I appreciate any work that goes into fixing the issue for the
>>> XLIFF based system, a solution for the legacy system would be very
>>> welcome as well.
>>
>> There is no "old" translation system anymore. What are you referring to?
>>

> Maybe I just got confused by the difference between the markup in the
> bug report at http://forge.typo3.org/issues/31109 and the markup of the
> file at typo3conf/l10n/de/felogin/pi1/de.locallang.xml in the
> installation I first noticed the issue (a 4.5.4 installation).
>
> I was under the impression that 4.6 uses a new translation system and,
> thus, 4.5 would be using the "old" one.

The markup in the BT is the one for 4.6, that's right. It's called
XLIFF. The one you are referring to is ll-XML. But the point is that
translation now happens on Pootle (http://translation.typo3.org) which
uses XLIFF as input and underlying format. ll-XML files are dynamically
generated from the XLIFF files before being "packaged" for TER.

Actually, if you have a look at your typo3conf/l10n/ directories, you'll
find that you have both the ll-XML and the XLIFF files whereas only the
one "known" by your TYPO3 version will be actually used.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6