[TYPO3-translators] 100% Thai Translation CORE and WEC Extensions

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Wed Mar 17 18:52:05 CET 2010

Hi

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Dmitry Dulepov <
dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com <dmitry.dulepov%2Bt3ml at gmail.com>> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> On 2010-03-17 03:17:52 +0200, Andreas Becker said:
>
>> We have a Team of 3 People here who would like to translate TYPO3 Core
>> (starting with 4.4.alpha2) into Thai Language. And they also would like to
>> translate all WEC Extensions and Extensions we are using in our T3Pack.
>> Could you please advise us how to proceed. They have already started to
>> translate parts with llxmltranslate on our servers.
>>

> Well, they should not have done that. Now it will be difficult (if possible
> at all) to migrate results of your work to the official translation :( Guys,
> please, ask before doing anything!

How can they ask if they even did not find the necessary information until
they met me yesterday! Anyway don't worry to much as they will reenter
everything if necessary into the internal llxml translator as soon as we
will have access.

> Don't loose your valuable time and efforts! I know it demotivating, etc but
> you really should check if somebody did anything already before doing it
> yourself.

They know that somebody translated some stuff into Thai but unfortunately
this translation is not very accurate and sometimes even misunderstanding,
that is why they started to translate the huge amount of missing
translations. Load the wec_starter Package and have a look how much
translation is missing there! It is a lot! The existing Thai Translation
dates from 2005 or before! They are mainly interested to translate the
complete core and all extensions which are also part of the T3Pack Starter
package which came out today (all wec_ extensions + templavoila_framework +
mm_forum + tt_news ...
into Thai as a first step.

The next steps will be to translate seminars, realty and dmmjobs and some
backend extensions which aren't part of the wec_starter Package.

> Official translation happens only and only on the translation server.
> Import of external files is broken and nobody currently plans to fix that.
> New translation system project (from GSOC) failed as far as I can see.

No Problem I will simply tell them to enter it new into the translation
server mai ben rai ;-)

> Let's see what we can do to give you access to the existing system.
>
> Thai language exists in TYPO3, so the most difficult part is done. It seems
> also that there is a Thai translator, whose name is Phuwadol Udomsilp.

He existed and he had also a website in 2005 made from the wec_starter
Package but it is gone and we tried to invite him many times to workshops
but we were not able to get in contact since 2006! The new Team is part of
our company LisAndi here in Phuket and as they have set the goal to make
TYPO3 popular here in Thailand so they will get my full support and it is
there project. I can give them enough time so that this gets finished. Fon
(Jiraporn) and I will check back their translations.

> So you have to wait here for two weeks (as usual) for the password.

Sorry to say this but this is really crab as they have time now! and in 2
weeks the whole thing should actually be already finished as than is
Songkram Festival here and people go in big summer holiday in April! It
would be really nice if we could get the password tomorrow so that they can
start on the server!

> If nobody sends it to you, I'll reset it and send it to you by e–mail. This
> is how it works. I can give you current translator's e–mail privately for
> faster communication if you wish.

In the WIKI there was nobody assigned as translator at all and as already
said we tried to contact Phuwadol Udomsilp since years and can't get in
contact! Perhaps you have a new mailaddress. Please check when the last time
somebody has entered any Thai words / translations - I guess than you will
see that it would be really usefull to send us the password now and not in 2
weeks.

If we can't get the password than they need to branch this whole stuff - and
I don't think it is good to have a TYPO3 and a TYPO3/Thai like in PHP-NUKE
there exists also an extra ThaiPHPNUKE (its core developer is a friend of
mine here on the island.)

Thanks

Andi

Please check out this as a veryfication of our infos:

http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-debian/2005-October/001427.html
http://forums.pcbsd.org/viewtopic.php?t=1743
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA417699&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf
(He
was Captain in the Thai Army in 2003)
http://www.google.co.th/search?rlz=1C1_____enTH351TH351&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Phuwadol+Udomsilp+typo3
http://typo3.toaster-schwerin.de/typo3_english/2005_10/msg00998.html
http://www.xen2host.com/ (this is the company he wanted to build up as first
TYPO3 Hosting in Thailand)
Dmitry I did a lot of research in 2005 and 2006 when we setup our Company
here in Phuket and when I wrote the 2 Articles for T3N at this time about
TYPO3 in Thailand.
Please take the time since 2005 where I tried to contact him the first time
and received no answer as the time where we actually wanted to start first
to translate the stuff, but than later did not have the people with the
necessary english proficiency. I have now for the next weeks exactly those
people and they could do the job. Please don't block it.

Thanks

Andi