[TYPO3-translators] Trimming of the translation values

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 23:24:31 CEST 2009

Hi!

Kari Salovaara wrote:
> Sivu 5 10:nestä
> or
> Sivu 5 yhteensä 10:nestä sivusta.
>
> But in normal Finnish You actually newer use this kind of structure of a
> sentence.
> Translation into Finnish or from Finnish never can be straight
> translation to/from any language (ex. Estonian)

How would you say "Page 5 of 10" in "normal" Finnish? Or may be "Displaying page 5 of 10" if it better?

In Russian saying such phrase does not look normal. We would rephrase it to something like "Page 5 (total: 10)".

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/have-fun-with-the-typoscript-error-hunt.html