[TYPO3-translators] How does it work (general)?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Apr 4 13:47:38 CEST 2009

Hi!

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff wrote:
> Good to see you Dmitry, maybe you can tell me why some of extensions are
> marked as N/A for update although they are finished... For an example
> your EXT:ratings. I finished Polish translation few hours ago, used
> 'Re-generate cached information' and removed *-l10-pl.zip files from my
> temp...

I do not know. Extension Manager does it. I do not know how that part works.

> On the other hand I can see that translations which I made few days ago
> (realurl, pagebrowse, comments) are available, so I assume that I have
> be just more patient...

Translation become available after 5 a.m. next day. They are transferred to TER around this time.

> One more thing, I prefer translating on the local machine (for tests
> purposes) and later merge it to the translation server. However I didn't
>  it yet, and don't want to make any experiments on official machine. Is
> there any guideline to exporting/merging translated files?

No... But you are welcome to write them ;)

> Aaaannnddd... yet one more thing ;) Some time ago I found newer version
> of ll-XML ext than this one placed in repository, I'm not sure
> but it was on some Forge or other SVN and I don't remember where. I can
> see that translation server uses this 'newer' version (in official
> there's no 'Select extension' field for an example) Can somebody give me
> a hint where was that?

It is on my local computer. I still need to commit it to Forge.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team