[TYPO3-translators] How does it work (general)?

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Sat Apr 4 13:47:38 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov pisze:
> Hi!

> It would be really good if you could write English words correctly.
>
> Nothing of the above is meant to offend you! It is a friendly response :)

Well, telling the truth I never thought about these words in this way...
What's more I'm using "ellou'" greeting even in native - Polish
lists/forums ;), but probably you're right :) I'll try to use more
formal 'labels' :D

Good to see you Dmitry, maybe you can tell me why some of extensions are
marked as N/A for update although they are finished... For an example
your EXT:ratings. I finished Polish translation few hours ago, used
'Re-generate cached information' and removed *-l10-pl.zip files from my
temp...

Of course It's not a any kind of charge ;) I just wonder if I did
everything correct and just have to wait, or maybe I just missed something?

On the other hand I can see that translations which I made few days ago
(realurl, pagebrowse, comments) are available, so I assume that I have
be just more patient...

One more thing, I prefer translating on the local machine (for tests
purposes) and later merge it to the translation server. However I didn't
  it yet, and don't want to make any experiments on official machine. Is
there any guideline to exporting/merging translated files?

Aaaannnddd... yet one more thing ;) Some time ago I found newer version
of ll-XML ext than this one placed in repository, I'm not sure
but it was on some Forge or other SVN and I don't remember where. I can
see that translation server uses this 'newer' version (in official
there's no 'Select extension' field for an example) Can somebody give me
a hint where was that?

Marcus