[TYPO3-translators] How does it work (general)?

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Sat Apr 4 13:47:38 CEST 2009

Stefano Kowalke pisze:
> Hello Marcus and a happy new year,

Ha! Thx! Happy New Year to all of people ! I'm so absorbed with work
that I forgot about that ... 'small' event ;)

> Some of the core extensions are not translatable yet. Especially
> tstemplate_info, tstemplate_objbrowser, tstemplate_analyzer. Because most
> of the core extensions are only available for an admin and an admin should
> understand english.

Yeap, although my English isn't perfect I prefer to work in English (on
my own implementation) cause it's easier to find solution on the
worldwide TYPO3 forums/lists, when some errors/not-standard-cases occures.

On the other hand I'm a member of official Polish TYPO3 community and we
intended to translate as much of core labels as possible, for other
people, especially who are starting learning the TYPO3 system.

It's obvious, that TYPO3 worldwide community uses English as a official
language, however it's easier to make first steps in native language.

> But there is a project [1] to make these extensions translateable too, which
> mean: Find the hardcoded strings in the files, put them into a locallang
> file and fetch this label by TYPO3-own translations functions.

I wonder how can I help? I can see that lot of files are changed now, I
will look around if I can find something else then :)

> Cheers
> Stefano

Greets: $GLOBALS['LANG']->getLL('marcusRealName')

<data type="array">
	<languageKey index="pl" type="array">
		<label index="marcusRealName">Marek</label>
	</languageKey>
</data>