[TYPO3-translators] german: translation of mount page as "Freigabe" is wrong

Christian Hennecke hennecke at pointblank-edv.de
Mon Jan 14 15:17:21 CET 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:23:28 +0100, Steffen Kamper wrote:

>> I'd like to ask you to revert the translation of "Mount Page" back to
>> "Mount Seite", "Freigabe" is not a correct term.
>
>i will take care. One problem is that Mount exists in many files and
>variations
>Mount
>Mount point
>Mount page
>etc.
>
>I looked how KDE does the translation.
>they used
>mount - einbinden
>Mount Point - Mountpunkt
>
>so they have same problem finding a good translation for.

The old version used "Mount-Punkt" (don't forget the dash!),
"Einstiegspunkt," and in the case of the page root, it even used
"Seitenwurzel."

Anyway, please don't start making all this inconsistent again! First,
we should agree upon a translation and the exact terms to apply the
translation to.

We have:

mount point, database mount, file mount: This can be a page in the page
tree (database mount) or a directory in the fileadmin tree (file
mount). It represents a starting point for the parts of a site that a
user has access to. "Dateifreigabe" has been used for the file mounts
so far and the difference between the database record carrying the
pointer to the path and the pages itself is not consistently made in
the English original. So I don't see any problem here.

"mount page": This displays a page from somewhere else in the page tree
without moving to that position in the page tree (relevant for the
breadcrumb navigation and menus), like a shortcut does. I can think of
two possible translations:

- "Einstiegsseite": This could be somewhat mistaken for "home page,"
though.

- "Stellvertreter" or "Stellvertreterseite"

Actually, why has nobody thought of using something with "montieren" or
"anflanschen" so far?

>anyway - please report such issues in the german translation list for
>future.

How can one access that particular list? I've found it in the
newsreader portion of support.typo3.org, but I don't see any other
pointer.

Christian Hennecke