[TYPO3-translators] German Backend Translation

Michael Ecker m.ecker at stadeleck.de
Wed Jan 9 22:52:33 CET 2008

Last month I started a new Typo3 site - and did so discover there is a
new german translation to the backend.
I'm glad to see somebody does this work - but there a few minor flaws
I'm not really happy about.
There are now two modules named "Konfiguration" shown only a line apart
which are only distiguishable by their icons - one of them translating
the module "Configuration", the other the module "Install" - somewhat
confusing.
And sure, "Vorlage" is the formally correct translation to "Template" -
but in this case not really helpful if you try to introduce the backend
to a newbie.
(Typoscript templates are more of a configuration sheet than that what
you mean with Vorlage. And personally I was so accustomed to the old
"Template", it's hard to me to find the new entry "Vorlage" if adding a
new record... ;)
Why not a simple, unambigous "Typoscript" as a "translation" to this? )

Michael Ecker

--
Michael Ecker (Dipl. Kfm.)
eCommerce Consultant (MMA-FN)