[TYPO3-translators] [TYPO3-l10nmgr] Exporting Translations to TER

Mario Rimann typo3-coding at rimann.org
Wed Jan 9 20:43:18 CET 2008

Hi

Jörg Schaller schrieb:
> Ok then, to be on topic: From Kasper's announcement for this extension
> I assumed that its strength of this extension would be its capability
> to export translations automatically to TER.
> If I just to edit my language files on my local server I might as well
> use the extension a4n_edit_locallang.
>
> The real strength and attractiveness of an extension that wants to
> work as a translation hub would be its workflow capabilities, that
> would allow any translator to work in their spare time without having
> to contact a bunch of people (finding out their addresses first) and
> ask for permissions.

I agree with you, that the current workflow is not perfect and should be
improved.

We are at the beginning of the project to improve the whole translation
handling. Details on this project will follow in the next two weeks if
possible.

> Translator (local server) - > Editor (central server) -> Publisher
> (central server)
>
> I don't know how the translation process is handled right now, so my
> suggestion might well already be in existance, at least partially.

That might be a possible way. We are discussing many different ideas
right now. But it's not yet decided, into which direction it will go.

Please stay tuned - informations will be announced in this newsgroup.

Regards,
Mario