[TYPO3-translators] [TYPO3-l10nmgr] Exporting Translations to TER

Jörg Schaller jorgo at jorgo.org
Wed Jan 9 19:52:50 CET 2008

Ok then, to be on topic: From Kasper's announcement for this extension
I assumed that its strength of this extension would be its capability
to export translations automatically to TER.
If I just to edit my language files on my local server I might as well
use the extension a4n_edit_locallang.

The real strength and attractiveness of an extension that wants to
work as a translation hub would be its workflow capabilities, that
would allow any translator to work in their spare time without having
to contact a bunch of people (finding out their addresses first) and
ask for permissions.

A suggestion for a workflow:

Translator (local server) - > Editor (central server) -> Publisher
(central server)

I don't know how the translation process is handled right now, so my
suggestion might well already be in existance, at least partially.

Regards,
Jörg