[TYPO3-translators] Proper way of translation

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Tue Nov 20 05:37:37 CET 2007

Dreas van Donselaar a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am slowly getting more familiar with Typo3. If I understand it
> correctly (also thanks to Dmitry), extensions should use templates with
> tags for the texts. The tags are retrieved from locallang.xml files. If
> I want to add a language, I should translate the locallang.xml file and
> send it to the extension developer to include it in the next release.
> However when I want to overrule a certain language string, I should do
> so from TS (and not edit the template or the locallang.xml).
>
> I tried to do this for the srfeuserregister extension but it does not
> seem to have any effect:
>
> plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.default.enter_account_info =
> Please enter your account details
>
> Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?
>
> We are using 6 languages on our website. Translating several tags this
> way in all 6 languages will result in quite a lot of TS code. We really
> like the l10nmgr Excel export extension and would somehow like to have
> our own translations (overruled tags) to be included in there. Is there
> a better way for us to proceed?

see http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6353
I am still looking for a volunteer with enough rights who fixes the
wrongly uploaded translation files of sr_feuser_register in TER.

Most translations are already available but hidden due to problems with
uploading the into TER.
See the SVN where you can find the translations.

- Franz