[TYPO3-translators] a list of translators at typo3.org

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 29 09:56:10 CEST 2007

Hi!

Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> I do not think that logging in under single user name is good in any way.
>
> Me either. In my plan login under single name will be only, lets say,
> for about 1 months until everyone will create their account themselves.
> Then it will be deleted.

Why one month and not 1.5? :)

I do not think at all that anyone should create account for himself on
translation server. I prefer this to be a managed work.

> Hmmm...populating it with existing single username have some advantages.
> This existing user and password is known for every translator so he can
> login and create account with his login and his data (first name, last
> name, email, password). Then after some time the single username will be
> deleted. From then every translator who like to have account will have
> to ask one of the existing translators to add him.

Adding should be done by the person responsible for translation, chief
translator should ask for it. This worked very well before and was right
policy I think. The problem was that Kasper was too busy to add people
there quick enough.

> In your concept we are back with chief translator - in this case it is
> person who is creating users belonging to his group. Is this necessary?

I think yes, there should be a deputy for each language who is in charge
of resloving any possible issue with language. Anarchy is never good.

> Why can not every member of group have possibility to create account?

Because it is not their work.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/