[TYPO3-translators] a list of translators at typo3.org

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Tue May 29 11:36:39 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> Me either. In my plan login under single name will be only, lets say,
>> for about 1 months until everyone will create their account
>> themselves. Then it will be deleted.
>
> Why one month and not 1.5? :)

It just a good number ;)

> Adding should be done by the person responsible for translation, chief
> translator should ask for it. This worked very well before and was right
> policy I think. The problem was that Kasper was too busy to add people
> there quick enough.
[...]
> I think yes, there should be a deputy for each language who is in charge
> of resloving any possible issue with language. Anarchy is never good.

Right. The conflict in ua (described by Michal) where they couldn't
agree on terminology are good example that there is a need for "chief".

But I would not overload him with much responsibility. Wasn't it TER 1.0
time when chief translator had to check every extension translation? (or
am I wrong here?). That lead us to bottleneck.

I will write in diffrent post the responsibilities of diffrent users
involved in translation process as I understand it right now.
It may help us to set proper feature request but even now I see idea of
chief is better than idea of equal rights.

--
greetings
Krystian Szymukowicz