[TYPO3-translators] ext translation system

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Fri May 25 01:26:06 CEST 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 02:22:15PM +0200, Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:
> Why his post dismotivate people?

I suggest you read Linus' "Just for fun" (or grep -i money
through it) to get some real-world observations on that.

Not that he's inherently right by me but some things are
caught quite as they seem to be.

> > JFYI, not everyone who worked on TYPO3 translations earned
> > money that way.  We're using it for a stack of community
> I did almost so many volunteer sites as commercial. My first
> sites was vounteer and first translations either.

Then you should probably understand by now that _both_
volunteer efforts and paid work are essential for long-time
and wide-scope projects like TYPO3.

I haven't seen anything anti-commercial in Andreas' postings,
AFAIU he earns his money just the way you and me do -- by doing
paid consulting in the area he currently happens to also like.

So there's no point in telling us that "you should pay to get the
tools to help the project we're all participating in".  It's just
rude _and_ dismotivating, nothing new told even.

> > PS: http://www.red-bean.com/dav/presentations/PoisonousPeople.pdf
> That's for me I think. I went through all the presentation. Can
> you please copy and paste here the parts that applies to me?
> Maybe I will learn something about the style I post.

For me, it helps to re-read what I send and feel ashamed.
There's no need to tell someone he's guilty; I'm guilty enough
myself.  But having a nice troll example helps to realize when
one's trolling, or handwaving, or whatever, himself.

> Take under consideration that I started this topic with willing
> to help and create something.

There were many asking just about that and obtaining no practical
answer since TER2 went into production while old translation
system was put offline.  I wasn't blaming anyone or asking for
funding when mentioning that this well might be association's job
to fix.

---

OK, so let me say "sorry for harsh words folks" and let's
continue with what can be improved, not who can be put down.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>