[TYPO3-translators] ext translation system

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 18 19:50:57 CEST 2007

Andreas Schwarzkopf wrote:
> translators who spend their time since many years translating Typo3 for
> free and making typo3 better for the whole world should now pay or collect
> money for a tool making translations possible??

Well, most people, who can code it, are busy and they need to abandon
some job to make this tool. That job may be paid, or it may be a free
gift to community. Surely these people need motivation to switch from
current task to a new task. What can you propose as such motivation?

Simple example: I have a project that goes for money and I fight with
workspaces for free, I do templavoila for free (everyone say thanks but
nothing more) and I have two children who want to eat. Why should I take
extra work to myself? I already work 12 hours a day. If someone pays
acceptable amount, I agree to take it because it means more funds for my
family. If no one pays - I have enough free work already, I need to
slepp too. Same for other core team people.

Do not think you alone do all hard work. We all are in the same boat.

> OK, please *delete* me from thee list of translators.

There is no such list. If you know password for translation server, you
can spend some time translating. If you do not wish, no one forces you.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs