[TYPO3-translators] How should translation to be written - example

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Mar 19 10:20:59 CET 2007

Kari Salovaara wrote:
> PS. Could the responsible person of Typo3 translations write a guide
> "Howto translate Typo3 core and CSH - guidelines and examples". This
> document would rise a lot of quality of Typo3 and at the same time in
> would make the life of voluntary translators a little bit easier.

This guide is certainly necessary as well as general guidelines for
creating localizable strings. For example, "Page %d of %d" should be
created as one string and not as "Page " and " of " as it happens in the
core sometimes. Different languages may have different structure for
strings.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/