[TYPO3-translators] Availability of new translations

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Thu Dec 6 23:30:46 CET 2007

Christian Hennecke wrote:

>> You have to move them to external file *also* at your TYPO3 installation.
>> Then
>> 1. remove all language files from typo3temp/ *l10-xx.zip
>> 2. empty typo3conf/l10n/
>> 3. fetch the translation again
>>
>> should work
>
> It does *not* work. The process does fetch translations but they are
> not of the current level. It looks like the TER hasn't been updated for
> a while.

So this is another issue here - maybe there is really no update of
language packs as you say. I will have to check that.

> Anyway, how is updating the extensions supposed to work? I mean, we
> cannot tell all users to install ll-XML and edit the language files to
> move the strings to external files so they new translations get
> enabled.

You're right. This was not optimal at all. "Was" because Dimitry has
patched the core today and from 4.2 this will change. You may read the
bug here:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6903

--
grtz