[TYPO3-translators] Availability of new translations

Christian Hennecke hennecke at pointblank-edv.de
Thu Dec 6 19:46:59 CET 2007

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:05:23 +0100, Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:

>>> It again depends on that checkbox we talked about :) If it was not checked, you will not get any translation, I mean, you will never get them, because they do not go to language packs.
>>
>> Well, I've made sure the translations were moved to external files from
>> the beginning. So...
>>

>You have to move them to external file *also* at your TYPO3 installation.
>Then
>1. remove all language files from typo3temp/ *l10-xx.zip
>2. empty typo3conf/l10n/
>3. fetch the translation again
>
>should work

It does *not* work. The process does fetch translations but they are
not of the current level. It looks like the TER hasn't been updated for
a while.

Anyway, how is updating the extensions supposed to work? I mean, we
cannot tell all users to install ll-XML and edit the language files to
move the strings to external files so they new translations get
enabled.

Christian Hennecke