[TYPO3-translators] Translation 4.0 can begin

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Tue Feb 28 15:47:33 CET 2006

Hello,

>>What happens when few people are simultaneously logged in at one
account translating different files?

Different files so be no problem. You may though encounter problems if
two different users is editing the same file at the same time. I have
not tested this, and maybe the save engine is smart enough not to save
the translated labels, if they are not in collision.

Also, the interface jumps automatically to the last edited file for the
current user. This can make you become redirected to a different file,
than the one you are editing, which can cause some user interference.
Maybe that should be removed from the source (of possible).

We had a translation day in Denmark last year. More than 10 people
worked on different files at the same time. In the beginning it gave us
some hassle, but it worked OK during the day.

A tip: You could install the translation extension [1] on a local
installation and then upload and merge the file on the translation
server when your done. Just make sure noone else is working on the same
file ;)

Good luck,

Lars Houmark