[TYPO3-translators] [Question] Translation interface in situation

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue Feb 28 14:26:52 CET 2006

Hi Pierre,

The idea is nice and it is actually possible to some extend! I will
take a look at it.

What I can do is to add (along with labels) the location of the label
(file and key) but a direct link is probably impossible since the
output from the localization system is usually passed to
"htmlspecialchars()" and therefore no HTML content is allowed..!

- kasper

On Feb 28, 2006, at 11:34 , Pierre-Yves Gadina wrote:

> Hello Kasper, hello list :)
>
> Here is part of a my reflexion after using the translation
> interface actually in place.
>
> When translating, i am very often confronted to the difficulty of
> the meaning. The translation of some terms and sentences is a bit
> of a problem, because you are outside context. Some words can be
> differently translated when in different situations...
>
> So, instead of listing all the text items to be translated and in
> order to have the real BE interface when you work on the
> translation of your own language... I was wondering if it would be
> difficult to have a BE extension that would add that little 'edit
> pencil' in situation (or a flexible control panel), like the one we
> can have in the frontend?
>
> That would enormously help and accelerate this huge process of
> translation, wouldn't it?
> Difficult ? Just wondering...
>
> Take care :)
> --
> Pierre-Yves Gadina
> www.gadlab.net - Multimedia Network

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"