[TYPO3-translators] [Question] Translation interface in situation

Pierre-Yves Gadina gad at gadlab.net
Tue Feb 28 11:34:31 CET 2006

Hello Kasper, hello list :)

Here is part of a my reflexion after using the translation interface actually in place.

When translating, i am very often confronted to the difficulty of the meaning. The translation of some terms and sentences is a bit of a problem, because you are outside context. Some words can be differently translated when in different situations...

So, instead of listing all the text items to be translated and in order to have the real BE interface when you work on the translation of your own language... I was wondering if it would be difficult to have a BE extension that would add that little 'edit pencil' in situation (or a flexible control panel), like the one we can have in the frontend?

That would enormously help and accelerate this huge process of translation, wouldn't it?
Difficult ? Just wondering...

Take care :)
--
Pierre-Yves Gadina