[TYPO3-translators] hi everybody and newsgroup

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Fri Feb 17 16:08:00 CET 2006

Hi Kari,

>> you talk about the Core: i guess you know that since 1 year all the
>> Core gets transalted in all languages via its dedicated server,
>> right?
>> so we have to talk just about extensions, that until 3 days ago had
>> that nice transaltion panel in TER 1.0
>
> both and. Actually core translation into that dedicated server has
> been in vain for months already !

Not true. No work there is lost. The server has just not been updated
to version 4.0 yet. Thus there are no new labels for you to translate
yet.

> Kasper informed me that I shouldn't
> do any translation there. So I'm only waiting how core and CSH
> can be translated for official 4.0 !!!

I will update the server next week.
Or you could download csh_fi and llxmltranslate and make your own
server if you are impatient.

>> about mid-european.. no i don't agree with you: there are lot of
>> translators in all languages.. it's up to us to gather local people
>> to help transating!
>>
> No, it's not my duty to attract people to come and help to translate
> something. Big problem has been and is those hundreds of extensions
> without any documentation and thus wasting valueable resources
> of actual translation work (You have to install those extensions to
> know what are they doing).

May I suggest to only translate what a larger group of people use and
appreciate? It's a part of the TER concept that lots of very specific
and not too useful stuff are allowed.

Translation work always make sense if it is done when you need it.

>> the only point i address is that there are really lot of TYPO3 books
>> in german and just 1 in english.. they have also a very nice
>> magazine, and about half the online resources..
>> but i know that typo3 USA (-> english) are growing fast
>>
> And that english came 6 months too late !

No, it came 6 months _after_. Be happy that a translation was made!

> Yes there is a magazine
> which is not allowed to subscibe into Finland !!!!!

Again, private initiative. I don't know what you will suggest we do
about it.

- kasper