[TYPO3-translators] How about language packs for extensions?

Stefan Strasser strada at stradax.net
Tue Dec 19 11:06:48 CET 2006

Hello

The extension newloginbox is still using ll-php-files. As I read the doc
it won't be a problem to convert them to xml-files.

But what about splitting the languages-files into language packs? The
splitting may be done with extdeveval, but what I have to do with the
separate language-pack-files?

- will they be handled by the EM uploading the new version of the
extension? (as much as I have read I guess not)
- or is there another way to get them in the TER/translation server?
- or shall I just convert to xml and wait with splitting into language
packs until full support for uploading language-packs is available?

I ask because I want to avoid that a new version of newloginbox is
published and suddenly a lot people only have it in english, as it is a
broadly used extension.

cu,
Stefan