[TYPO3-team-templavoila] RFC #15063: Introduce seperate ajax responder to handle d&d calls

Nikolas Hagelstein lists at shr-now.de
Wed Jul 14 09:37:42 CEST 2010

Am 13.07.2010 21:38, schrieb Tolleiv.Nietsch:

> Yep that's what I thought - this RFC as first step and if there's any
> way to refactor the other things then these could/should get their own
> RFCs.
Ok, as mentioned before i'll come up with something by friday.

> Well the JavaScript stuff was one of the most time-consuming things in
> the past.
Hehe, yeah i know ...
But don't worry i wasn't talking about the inner functionallity but
about some kind of encapsulating.

BTW: have you thought about adding some kind of automatic testing e.g.
selenium or something?.

> From my perspective it's working good and stable at the moment
> and I'd prefer not to touch it too much for the upcoming 1.5. In future
> TemplaVoila releases I though of moving (with the Core) towards ExtJS
> and therefore any refactoring at the moment might be useless once ExtJS
> is used.
IMHO porting stuff to ExtJS won't be that easy anyway. A few months ago
i spend some hours researching how tv drang n drop could be ported to ExtJS.

It seems as if ExtJS has a mighy api to create highlevel gui elements
but lacks a bit of lowlevel things comparable to scriptacolous sortables.

But things might have changed meanwhile and i have to admit that i not
really in that ExtJS thing. Probably there is different concept.

>But of course any RFC which brings in structured and readable
>JavaScript is still welcome.
I'll come up withig something so we have a base to discuss upon.

Cheers,
Nikolas