[TYPO3-team-templavoila] RFC #15063: Introduce seperate ajax responder to handle d&d calls

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Tue Jul 13 21:38:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 13.07.2010 09:55, schrieb Nikolas Hagelstein:

> We should commit this without the unlink stuff now and i'll file a new
> RFC for this including a proper unlinke response...

Yep that's what I thought - this RFC as first step and if there's any
way to refactor the other things then these could/should get their own RFCs.

>> 2) Used flexform_getValidPointer() to make sure the requested pointer is
>> a valid one.
> Hmmm i think this is redundant since api::process does this by itself.
> (see
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-templavoila/repository/entry/trunk/class.tx_templavoila_api.php#L430).

Hm right - ok in this cause the calls can remain "simple"...

> BTW: what do you think about encapsulating the js code by a module
> pattern. E.g. TX_TEMPLAVOILA_MOD1. This would enable us to indroduce an
> init function which could be used to pass over sortables, paths etc.
> Besides that we could get rid of the ugly js function naming?
>
> If you agree i could put together something by friday afternoon...

Well the JavaScript stuff was one of the most time-consuming things in
the past. From my perspective it's working good and stable at the moment
and I'd prefer not to touch it too much for the upcoming 1.5. In future
TemplaVoila releases I though of moving (with the Core) towards ExtJS
and therefore any refactoring at the moment might be useless once ExtJS
is used. But of course any RFC which brings in structured and readable
JavaScript is still welcome.

Thanks for your time - I'm happy to see your involvement :)

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--
Tolleiv Nietsch