[TYPO3-team-templavoila] reference objects

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Nov 28 13:48:54 CET 2009

Hi,

Jigal van Hemert schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Rudy Gnodde (WIND Internet) schrieb:
>>> Why not only an edit icon and a warning like "You are going to edit a
>>> reference to a content element on another page. It will also change
>>> on the other page". Only a better, clearer warning of course ;)
>>>
>> that's what i thought too. Just bring an alert with this message.
>
> I don't like it from a usability point of view that editing a reference
> CE in TV is different than a shortcut page. With a shortcut page you
> only get the option to jump to the page the shortcut points to, but with
> "shortcut" objects you can edit them directly?
>
> Either solution is okay for me, but I think that comparable structures
> should behave in a comparable way.

but you can edit from context menu. This is inconsistent anyways.
I think it's clear having reference because of color of title bar and
other icons.
Page shortcut is different, jump to the page makes sense as page
contains more different data. Imho it should be easy for the editor,
jumps may confuse a lot.

vg Steffen