[TYPO3-team-templavoila] Caching of xml2array during rendering

Daniel Pötzinger poetzinger at aoemedia.de
Thu May 28 14:10:38 CEST 2009

Tolleiv Nietsch schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> +1 - I like it, can't wait to see it in action ;)
>
> Maybe we should also try to find related situations in the backend since
> XML2Array is a bottleneck there too.
>
> Regards,
> Tolleiv
What about to move the caching methods to a service API

"datastructureAccess"

with public (static?) methods like:

tx_templavoila_datastructureAccess::getPageFlexData($uid);
tx_templavoila_datastructureAccess::getTOFlexData($uid);
tx_templavoila_datastructureAccess::getDSFlexData($uid);
tx_templavoila_datastructureAccess::getTTContentFlexData($uid);

thus this can be used from _pi1 as well as the backend.

In TYPO3 4.3 it might be an idea to use the caching framework to general
cache xml2array like

function xml2array($xml)
  $cacheId=hash($xml);
  if ($xml2arrayCache->has($cacheId)) {