[TYPO3-hci] amount and frequency of changes in BE

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Sat Feb 5 12:31:29 CET 2011

Hi Silke -

wow that's a long list and I can't agree to a single point.

My suggestion for you is - open up an issue on forge for every point of
your list and describe how you would improve it, explain why the changes
are wrong and why we should revert them. Provide patches which make this
happen or motivate someone you know to provide these patches. Get in
contact with the responsible/active teams and discuss your changes with
then.

Besides that - take place in discussions and events to make sure that
you're aware of HCI decisions(Core list, Forge, Dev-Days, ...) BEFORE
changes are applied.

Btw. for my daily work in the agency 4.5 made everything much easier,
maintaining our own packages is now not required anymore due to the
(finally) reliable defaults from the Core.

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--
Tolleiv Nietsch